For all home buyers: Here’s what you need to do as soon as you’re in contract on a home. This means that you have beaten out the competition, made the best offer, and are moving forward with the purchase of the home.
1. Get you earnest money deposit into an escrow account within three days.
2. Order your inspections.
3. Your lender and escrow work on home appraisal and title respectively.
4. Work with your realtor to create a list of things you want the seller to fix.
5. Sign the documents. Both lender and title documents will be signed on the same day.
6. Receive the keys to your new home.